Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day

I realize that many many many people fought, died and still fight for our country. But this post is about my Dad. My nephew posted a great tribute about my Dad (his Grandpa) on Facebook and I poached part of it because it was so well written.

"He fought in WWII for our country and others around the world.


I have always been fascinated with his generation. They emerged from the dust of the depression, fought for the freedom of many nations, secured the safety and liberty of our citizens and ensured the lasting grandeur...of this blessed and promised country.


He dug fox holes in frozen ground, marched countless miles across Europe, survived bombings and battles that killed all but a few. In his greatness he still, to this day, as only true american heros do, discounts the importants of his role in the war and the history of our nation. He always acknowledges the heros that fought around him but I am sure those heros looked to him for strength and comfort in trying times. HE is my American hero! Without him and his generation America would not be the great country it is today. I hope my generation and those to come can show the prestigious humility and courage that his so naturally did."
 

I love you Dad and thank you for your great sacrifice for this great country!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...