Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow anyone?

If it were up to me I would say - no more snow! At least in the valley. Let it snow in the mountains all it needs to. Now I'm not trying to get rid of the season all together or even ruin our water table. I would just prefer not having anymore snow at my house.

Mr. Wright on the other hand...although I don't think he enjoys the snow...secretly wishes for more snow. You see he is a fixer. Since we have been in our house he has found some great deals online. Two that come to mind are our snow blower and our edger. He cleaned them up and worked on them until they worked like a charm. ("worked on them" means he did something to get them from not running to running but I don't really know what...although he explained it to me in detail**sigh**I forgot.)

With the snow blower he also had to replace the blades. And because you can't just buy the blade separately, it created a challenge but he was up for it. He first went around to find some rubber. Now it had to be hard rubber and of a certain thickness. Well, Mr. Wright found it and he got it for free. He then had to drill out the rivets that held the old ones on, cut out the new blades and bolt them on again. What a great job he did but I still don't want it to snow.

The old rivets.

The damaged blades.

The new rubber.

The new blades.

The finished project.

1 comment:

Marci said...

That's pretty stinkin' handy!! Way to go Mr. Wright!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...